The Spa Footbridge opened on 19 July 1827, and crowds flocked to see a mail coach and horses gallop at full speed across it. The bridge became a fashionable promenade and provided panoramic sea and harbour views and a link from Scarborough centre to the South Cliff. This spectacular iron construction spans the valley between the Esplanade and St Nicholas Cliff and remains a popular route into Town for guests staying in the South Cliff area.
Some Bedwyn’s properties in the South Cliff area are:-
Sea Heights, Sea Air, Avenue Victoria Apartment 4, Lotus Mews, Seascape, Brooklands Bellevue